The additional information here, describes both the Quarterly and Year-End,SPoTS Top-Players Tournaments
SPoTS is an acronym for "Stigs Poker Tournament Statistics," and this data is easily available for anyone to view on TFPR website. All players who play on the tournament tables are tracked, and their game wins and losses are recorded in SPoTS. One of the features in SPoTS is the ranking of players by R.O.I. (Return On Investment). ROI tracks how well you have done based on your wins, regardless if you play at the 5,000 chip tourney table or the 100,000 table. A higher ROI means that you have consistently played very well (placed in 1st, 2nd or 3rd), and are thus listed higher in ranking compared to all other players. This competition invites these impressive and respected poker aficionados, to play in this prestigious tournament.
At the end of each quarter, the top players in that period are invited to play a single game, in where a prize of 300,000 chips will be awarded to the 1st-place winner. The year-end tournament game will have a grand prize of 1 Million chips ! For the quarterly competition, qualifying individuals must have played a minimum of 25 games in that period. The year-end tournament requires individuals to play at least 100 games within that calendar year.Highlights about this Competition.
1. The 1st-place winner (Top-Players Tournament Champion) in the quarterly competition will be awarded a prize of 300,000 chips.
The year-end tournament winner will be commended with a grand prize of 1 Million chips !
2. This competition is scheduled to play once every quarter (every 3 months), and also once at the end of the year. This means that your quarterly and calendar year statistics/data is tracked, and will be used to determine your qualification in each respective tournament.
3. This is a one-game tournament. The single game will be played on a special 10-person No Limit Texas Holdem table. There will be no password required
for this special table.
4. There is a (free) zero chip buy-in
for those who are invited to play.
5. You do NOT need to register
for the game. If you are invited, just show-up and play.
6. Players must qualify to be seated in this competition (Sorry, but this tournament is not open for anyone to just sit and play). The top-ten players will be invited. The next 10 players will be posted, and should be prepared to play as possible substitutes.